Ohhhhhh my GOD!!
The craziness that has gone on around here lately! So much to tell in so little time!
Today I'll just share the important points and few photos. As soon as I find another spare (but proving to be rare) minute I'll tell you all about the epic birthday and add some more photos
For now, here's the important stuff you want to know:
- We're all healthy, happy and doing really really well - Olympia does have a touch of jaundice but nothing to be concerned about according to the pediatrician who cleared us to go home a day early
- Born: January 21 - Olympia at 1:15pm, Yorgia at 1:20pm
- Olympia: weighed 3kg 330grams (7lbs 3oz) and 49 cm (19 inches)
- Yorgia: weighed 3kg 60 grams (6lbs 7oz) and also 49 cm (19 inches)
- both are gaining weight and getting cuter and more amazing everyday
- they don't have middle names yet...we know 1 for sure, the other we're choosing between 3 options, and we don't know which name to give to which baby yet
- I actually went into the hospital last sunday because my blood pressure was a little high
- Tuesday the doctor decided we'd induce labour before situation got dangerous, and besides the girls we already full term anyway at 37 1/2 weeks, and around 2.5kg each (haha, so we thought)
- Wednesday, after 5 hours of labour and the 30 minutes or so of the craziest delivery ever (I'll tell you later, don't worry it's not gross, but it's definitely interesting!), I was holding 2 very beautiful, very healthy, and very big baby girls
- the blood pressure and everything else went back to normal immediately after
- he hasn't stopped smiling for last week
- is a very proud and helpful big sister who gives tons of kisses and hugs but is not so excited that they poop and cry!
Some photos for you:
The night before the big day
can't wait to shed some of this 27kg weight gain...
can't wait to hold some new babies!
Twinnies on day 2!
Olympia on the left
Yorgia on the right
Baba and Yorgia
Mommy and Olympia
Eleni and Olympia
Eleni and Yorgia
Now a few photos from cousin Katerina who joined us for the big birthday
Holding the twins
about 30 mins after delivery
I have twins! So crazy!!
Papous Yorgos meeting his new granddaughters
Talk to you soon!