So there's no blog post today.
Except that there is a post to tell you there won't be a post.
I'm not sure when I'll be able to get back to doing this regularily but hopefully it's soon.
Just so you know what's going on over here, I'll give you a brief run-down of the craziness:
- We're moving!
- I have a cold
- Eleni has a cold
- I'm getting really REALLY big and it's super uncomfortable at the moment
So that's why I don't have time, or energy to write a real post today.
I'll take a couple of minutes to tell you about the new house though.
- it's cute
- it's in the Molyvos "country"....we have like, 2 neigbours I think? And about 250 sheep nearby, along with about 100 chickens, about 10 donkeys, 2 horses and I think 4 goats but they were far away so I couldn't really tell for sure if they were goats. Small chance they were just 4 more sheep. Just to reiterate, we're NOT moving onato a farm but there are farms around us. No I did not completely lose my marbles and decide to take on the life of Mom-to-3 AND run a farm....but we have the most beautiful walking trails around us so if we want to go look at the farm animals, we can so Eleni and I are pretty excited about that
- it's bigger than our house now which was the whole point of finding a new house. Eleni will have her own bedroom instead of bunking with Mommy and Baba, and once the babies are older and sleeping through the night the girls can have a huuuuuuuge bedroom for the 3 of them with lots of space for toys and playing
- we have a HUGE outdoor space!!! I'm really excited about this one because living inside the village you're lucky if you have a small area of garden for a couple of plants, a chair and 2 snails. We have a LAWN which is unheard of here, I have space to plant some vegetables if I want to, we're surrounded by tangerine trees, lemon trees, pomegranate trees, olive trees, plum trees, fig trees....there's probably more but that's just what I can tell for now. Oh yeah, and tons of grapes.
- I'm also very excited that all the windows and doors have screens on them so during the long hot summers we won't be suffering with mosquitos buzzing around us or any disgusting and/or weird critters getting in the house
Looks like this is turning into a blog post after all......
Anyway, a couple of things I'm a bit worried about with this place are that there aren't any telephone or internet lines going out to this area of the village. So we can't just call up the local company and have them move our telephone number etc over to the new house. We'll have to switch to satellite internet, satellite tv and cell phones. At first this seemed devastating because satellite internet is crap and expensive and the tv and phone will probably get pretty expensive too. But I've been putting a lot of research into this the last 10 days or so and it turns out satellite internet has HUGELY improved over the last few years, at least it has out here. So Skype will run properly and I'll still be able to watch my crap reality tv shows when I have the chance. And write this thing when I have the chance. Still looking into the phone thing but we're going tomorrow to set all this up. The tv is Antonis' department so I have no idea about that yet, we'll see. But anyway, from what I can tell this may end up being cheaper then what we've got going on right now so it may not be too bad after all............I'm knocking on wood right now.........
We'll be all moved in by the 1st of November.
I'll take photos soon but I don't know when I'll be able to share them with you because I don't know if the internet will be set up right away or not, and I'm anticipating some hiccups of whatever kind because lets face it, there are ALWAYS hiccups when you move.
So that's what's going on at the moment. And that's why there isn't a blog post today? I should have known I wouldn't be able to stop myself from rambling.....
Eleni's next to me right now on the couch. We're cuddled up under a blanket with a massive box of tissues....I'm pretty sure there's a thick fog of germs surrounding us right now. Yes, lovely, I know. I'm thinking about how I'm going to make us some chicken soup today. And I'm also thinking about how I can suggest that we need chicken soup in the restaurant tonight so someone else can make it and bring it too us and we can just stay cuddled up under the blanket all day, sneezing our brains out. Eleni's insisting we watch nothing but Peppa Pig though so maybe taking a break to make some soup isn't such a bad idea after all......
And since this turned into a blog post after all I might as well tell you more about #4 on the list: yes I'm getting really REALLY big. And no I don't have a picture right now but I'll take one soon. When I have energy. And no germs. And a beautiful back drop of pomegranate trees....Anyway, somehow I seem to have 'popped' again (as 'they' say...whoever 'they' are, it's just a nice way of saying 'holy crap, your belly got so much bigger in a really short period of time'). It's all ok, at first I thought something was wrong because I was really in a lot of pain but it turns out everything is fine, the twins and I are just growing again. It's pretty uncomfortable but I'm sure I'll adjust to this new size soon. I hope.
Ok, I think that's enough for a blog post that wasn't supposed to be a blog post at all. I need to go figure out the soup situation for the day.
I'll re-post here the video from last week of Eleni singing Monkey's Jumping on the Bed, because I ended up deleting that whole post from last week after someone with no sense of humour expressed their concern over what I wrote....long story that I'm not going to get into but it turns out someone wasn't a big fan of the 'You Suck' blog posts. I get it, you can't communicate tone in writing but I thought it was pretty clear that even though these were actual conversations that myself and other pregnant women have had with people during pregnancy, no one was actually upset or harbouring any bad feelings toward the people that were written about. It was supposed to be funny. But anyway I deleted it because if you have to tell someone it's supposed to be funny, then it's not really funny anymore. Anyhoooooooo, (once again, so much for NOT writing/rambling on) that very cute video of Eleni singing had to be deleted along with it, which is a shame, so I'll just re-post it here:
Ok, now I'm off to figure out soup and ask about some boxes. And then maybe a nap. I should probably get some more tissues too. And hopefully next time we chat, we'll be all moved into the new house and all the internet/phone/tv issues weren't issues at all and everything went smoothly.....knocking on wood again....