Today began with choosing between 2 options: throw my crappy computer over the balcony and enjoy my tea in the morning sun, OR find a solution to the communication breakdown that has occurred over the last few months BECAUSE OF the crappy computer.
I picked option number 2 but at this point option number 1 is definitely still on the table.
Here's the issue: keeping in touch with family and friends while living halfway across the world has become difficult thanks to my crappy computer and crappy computer accessories (camera, microphone, etc). Skype conversations are a massive headache lately, literally and figuratively, leaving my Skype profile unused for months now. Facebook has kept everyone fairly well up to date except the majority of my family over the age of 40 who haven't jumped on the FB bandwagon and probably never will. So my solution to all this....besides blaming technology and chucking it over the balcony in a crazy, screaming, pregnant lady, hormonal fit....I'll start a blog.
Great idea Tara. Your computer is pissing you off so you've come up with a plan that involves spending even more time on the computer. Brilliant. Your 5 years of university was money well spent.
Yeah alright, this may become even more of a headache than the recent Skype woes but I'll give it a shot and if it doesn't work out I'll buy a phone card so I can tell you all about the scrap heap under the lemon tree that was my computer.
But here's my vision:
I want to write a little something everyday, or almost everyday, about what's going on in life. Photographs included. This means pregnancy updates, what's going on in Molyvos, where I went, what I saw, probably a lot about food because I'm obsessed with food and whatever's on my mind at the time. This will also encourage me to get out of the house and do some interesting thing so I actually have something worthwhile to write about....I'll admit it, I'm massive and leaving the house lately has seemed like a massive undertaking because of it. But that's not healthy and it's time for a change!
So that's the plan. We'll see how it goes. Already I'm getting a bit agitated by this blogging site because I want to change the title of the blog and a few other things but of course I can't figure it out. That's ok. You'll probably notice things changing a lot over the next little while as I figure out how to do this, but I'll just get started and learn as I go. Today my homework is to figure out how put pictures on here. But for now, I need to get back to the sunny balcony and conjure up some kind of zen state...deep breath in *in with calm*...and let it out *out with murderous thoughts on technology*....that's better! Namaste...
Yeah I'll be your first comment! Good job with the blog, it's a great idea! And I say that in a totally selfish way because I miss Molivos so much and this is a way to feel somewhat closer...hehehe! Kisses from the homeland -XxX-
ReplyDeleteHey Valerie! Thank you very much, and congrats on being number 1 haha!
DeleteAh Tara, fantastic idea!! - I miss you sooooo much. Send my love to your lovely husband!! mwah xxx
ReplyDeleteFrankie!! I miss you too, I still have my fingers crossed that you guys will make it back here for a summer visit...they're starting to feel a little cramped haha :) Antonis says hello to both of you!
DeleteKisses right back at ya! xxxx
thats awesome tara! your rant there cheered me up laughed so hard i hope all is well on the otherside of the world
ReplyDelete:) so ya its a yo hello hooray from edmonton miss yaz
Hey Jess!! I'm so glad I made someone laugh other than myself haha! I miss you cuz, I hope you're doing good up in Deadmonton...HA,knee slapper! Actually that wasn't that funny. Anyway...
DeleteHUGS!!
Yay! I still want a Skype or some other form of chat at some point but I guess this will do for now. ;)
ReplyDeleteLiz!! I'm still wanting to Skype too...this weekend ended up getting crazy, there was a lot more happening than I was told about (as usual)..but I'll log on every now and then and look for you!
DeleteTara this is great. This is the kind of BS I have been wanting to hear about so I'll look forward to reading it everyday:)
ReplyDeleteI'm not anonymous, its becky. Im as computer illiterate as you I guess. I dont know how the hell to change it so I guess Im anonymous, unless someobe acctually wants to be anonymous and starts writing stupid crap, then its not me anymore.
ReplyDeleteHaha! I have no idea how to change it either so I officially grant you sole ownership of the anonymous status..unless someone else starts writing stupid crap, then we'll have to ask someone smart how to fix it
DeleteOmg, I didn't realize I could just write my name on here! I thought everyone became anonymous unless they were a fellow blogger. Shows how much I know (I have a blog on here somewhere and found it annoying too - I never update, lol). I was a fellow Anon in my previous comment, by the way. Lady, I am so happy that you've decided to start blogging! Since you're into this photo/blogging/updating thing, I may submit random requests for photos of random things in your every day life. Get ready for more homework! Miss you! Coco
ReplyDeleteHey chica! I knew it was you on the other one because of the coco at the end haha :) I put some kind of special setting on this so you don't have to be a blogger to write comments...although I didn't actually look at how to add a name other than anonymous, shocker haha! And I'm totally into taking requests! That'll be fun, it will be like I'm on a super important mission...or a paparazzi! Love it!
Delete