Well after 2 days of back and stomach pain and cramping and just overall feeling crappy, things seem to have gone back to normal. As 'normal' as I can be these days anyway. So Baby Watch 2012 is still in progress, although progress may not be the appropriate word to use. No big deal since my due date isn't for another 17 days anyway........HOLY $!*# MY DUE DATE IS IN 17 DAYS!!!! I hadn't actually counted the days until right now. That's a little shocking to see. Huh. Ok well anyway as I was saying, it's not really such a big deal that nothing is happening yet since we haven't actually hit my due date yet. But after having a couple days of really feeling like 'this is it!' it's sort of frustrating to now be thinking 'that wasn't it'.
I'm just excited I guess.
Today we picked up the bassinet from Antonis' parent's house!
And it sucked!
I'm just excited I guess.
Today we picked up the bassinet from Antonis' parent's house!
Here's what baby Eleni will be sleeping in when she comes home!
It's so exciting to think of our little baby sound asleep in there!
That's also some of the blankets that Olympia has made for her. Eleni will definitely not be short on blankets or sheets! Both my mom and Antonis' mom have made quilts for her, I think 2 of my aunts have made quilts as well, and Olympia gave me a stack of about 10 sheets and 2 winter blankets.
I took the bassinet liner out as soon as we got home and put it in the washing machine. I heard that if you sleep with the baby sheets, they'll smell like you which will calm the baby and help her sleep easier. I don't know, maybe that sounds like crazy talk but as soon as the bassinet liner dries I plan on sleeping with it
Don't tell Antonis! He already thinks I'm insane...
Other than picking up the bassinet, nothing new is going on. I'm bored out of my mind actually. I haven't been to the beach in 3 days because we've been too busy. I say 'we' because I can't really go to the beach by myself these days. It's so annoying but I need a chaperon basically anywhere I go now, just in case. Of course I have my cell phone but that doesn't really help if I suddenly go into labour while I'm swimming and I have to try to get back to the beach to call Antonis to come get me. It's pretty doubtful that things would happen so fast that I'd be just swimming along and then BAM! it's baby time! But you never know so it's better to be careful.....oh blah blah blah actually it's just easier not having to deal with everyone freaking out at me for going swimming by myself so that's the real reason that I don't do it.
I swear, everyone else is way more nervous than I am.
They really need to chill out.
Speaking of chilling out, have you heard of watermelon ice cubes? (ohhhhhh and she pulls off the segway! Yes it's a super lame segway but I just couldn't help myself!)
As I've mentioned a few times before, I have a slight addiction to Pinterest. I now have about 10 billion brilliant ideas as to how to redecorate my house, throw the perfect party, cook the best meal ever and how to put together the wardrobe of my dreams. The kicker is....I probably won't bother to put even a 1/4 of these ideas into action. Which is really too bad because turning an old door into a corner shelf really does look like a great idea...
I do get adventurous once and while and try some of these ideas out though. Like using lemon and olive oil for dusting (AMAZING!), using shower curtain hooks to organize your scarves or belts onto one clothes hanger (my closet never looked better), storing sheets inside their matching pillow case (my linen closet never looked better), homemade body scrub (heavenly!) and various recipes that just looked too delicious and too easy to not try.
But not all of these 'brilliant' ideas are that brilliant.
Some of them you can tell immediately that they're going to be a disaster.
For example: Braided Spaghetti Bread.
So this is spaghetti baked inside braided garlic bread. You look at this and you think "what a great idea!" (after deciding that this is clearly just a 'once and while' dish like when you're carb loading for a 10km run...or you're hungover and you just don't care how terrible it is for you). And it clearly worked for some people, or else there wouldn't be a bunch of pictures that look like this:
http://craftfail.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Rhodes-spaghetti-baked-in-garlic-bread-400x470.jpg
But the trick with Pinterest is not to get over excited. Know yourself and be honest about your talents. I know if I even dared to venture down this spaghetti bread road, my efforts would turn out like this:
http://craftfail.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/spaghetti-garlic-bread-pinterest-craftfail-400x300.jpg
But sometimes you look at a Pinterest idea and you just can't see where it could possibly go wrong....And then you try it.....and then you realize that there are a lot of lying bastards on Pinterest.
Watermelon ice cubes
Looks delicious doesn't it? Refreshing! The perfect summer drink to serve to guests when they drop by.
WRONG! Because it ends up looking like this:
As it melts you get watermelon bits stuck all over the glass and all over the inside of your straw. Eventually the whole drink looks cloudy and gross, like you scooped it out of a puddle from outside.
Not pretty.
And it doesn't taste like anything. They say it does but it totally doesn't.
Why am I spending so much time complaining about watermelon ice cubes?
Because I just cut up an entire half a watermelon and waited 2 hours for it to freeze so I could try this out.
And it sucked!
Also, I told you I'm bored out of my mind and I have nothing else going on these days because everyone treats me like I'm a complete invalid and they don't let me do anything! So I'm taking out my frustrations on the poor person who thought it was a great idea to 'invent' watermelon ice cubes. I mean, what the hell?! You totally made these, saw that they were a complete failure but you posted it on Pinterest anyway as if it was the best idea since the wheel. COME ON!!
Lets all hope this baby gets here soon so I don't have the time to make anymore Pinterest recipes and allow my hormones to unintelligently critique them.
Watermelon Ice cubes...hmmm try lemon or lime ones...less messier I'm guessing...or just use the flavoring in the water for the ice cubes...I dunno..
ReplyDeleteAnyways, I keep hearing about Pinterest. Apparently you have to be invited or some shit....so freakin invite me would you?!
I think if I ever wanted to make fancy ice cubes for like a party or something, I'd go with flavouring in the water. No floaties that way haha!
ReplyDeleteYou don't need an invite, you just go to pinterest.com and create a username and password...they'll say they'll get back to you with an 'invite' to join but really you're just signing up for an account. But I'm warning you....it's SO addicting! Tons of really good ideas though